Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Simple Salmon

As you all know, Fish is VERY good for you; especially Salmon because of the high content of Omega 3. We love fish in our home and I always make this very simple, low-fat, and healthy salmon dish...ENJOY!


Ingredients:
Salmon (6 oz. per person is usually best)
Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Lemon Pepper

Line baking tray with tin foil and set the oven to Broil at 500 Degrees.

Baste Salmon with Olive Oil, about a 1/2 Tbl. per Portion (eyeball it)
Sprinkle Garlic Powder and Lemon Pepper to taste on the Salmon.

Place seasoned Salmon Portions on the foil-lined tray and broil in the oven till no longer pink in the middle (about 10 min.)

This Salmon is best served along side with Mashed Potatoes, over a light pasta, or Rice Pilaf and Veggies. Or if you are watching your carbs, it is great with just some simple veggies.

5 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Yummy! Dad makes great Salmon. I loved your Salmon when you made it for us. Good, quick recipe!

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Yummy, I love Salmon too and I have never made it in the oven, I always just do it on the gril. This sounds easy enough and real yummy, we will be adding Salmon to our grocery list this week!

Swirls of Happy said...

It is the best quick, healthy meal. Easy clean up too...an extra plus! Whenever I have somewhere to go in the evening and need a quick meal, I make this, because it is seriously like a 20 min. or less meal.

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

I made the salmon tonight Brittany, it was so good. It was such a quick and easy meal but so healthy, I loved it!

Swirls of Happy said...

Yea!!! I know, I make it once a week because it is sooo healthy and quick :) Glad it was yummy.