Monday, September 3, 2007

Crunchy Salad















SALAD
Romaine Lettuce
Broccoli
Green Onions

CRUNCHY PART
2 packages of Ramen Noodles crushed up
Sunflower Seeds (about 1/4 cup)
Slivered Almonds (about 1/2 cup)

Saute Crunchy ingredients in 2 Tbsp of butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. (The recipe called for a STICK! I did 2 Tbsp and it was fine, next time I will probably try just using Pam and no butter).

DRESSING
1/2 Cup Crisco Oil
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
Mix dressing ingredients together and shake up well.

Mix lettuce, onions and broccoli together (add as many onions and broccoli as you prefer). Then add some of the crunchy topping to the salad, once again add all by preference. You wont use all of the topping, I put the extras in a bag, it will last for a while. I am still on the same batch and I have eaten it every day for the past week! Then add the dressing and mix up (I put my salad in a Tupperware and shake it good to coat it). I only put on less than a TBSP of dressing for my plate of salad. You should have lots of dressing left over to store in your fridge. Some people like a lot of dressing but I like it just to barely coat my salad.
I love this salad, it is so so yummy. Mike was teasing me tonight that I am going to turn green from eating it too much. Let me know if you have any questions, I don't have an official recipe for it so I tried to explain the best I could. (Sorry, I know the pictures doesn't make it look so good, I was eating it for dinner tonight so I took a quick picture of my plate).

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Love this recipe Steph!

Swirls of Happy said...

I love yummy salad dishes!