Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Monterey Chicken !

This recipes is so yummy. Katie Peterson Posted this recipe on her blog a few months ago. While I was grilling the chicken I put the veggies on foil on the grill that way they were cooked when I put them on the chicken. Thanks Katie for a great recipe.

Monterey Chicken

3 boneless chicken breasts, or 6 chicken tenders
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c mushrooms, chopped
1 c shredded cheese

Honey Mustard Sauce
1/2 c mayo
1 T honey
1 T mustard

Marinate chicken in 1/4 c soy sauce & 1 can of Sprite for a few hours to over night. Remove chicken and grill until juices run clear. Place a large piece of foil on grill, transfer chicken over to the foil & put them close together. Spread some sauce over each breast, cover with green pepper, mushrooms, and shredded cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. When serving place chicken on a small amount of sauce and top with bacon bits.

1 comment:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

I am definitely making this after hearing how much the family loved it! I haven't gone grocery shopping for a while since I was sick all weekend but hopefully I can do it tomorrow and make some of the new meals I want to try.