Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Whole Wheat Muffins

Okay....I am so sorry I haven't posted a recipe yet! My husband has been working ALOT lately from home & he is on the computer a ton, so I don't get to blog as much...but, hey at least my house is cleaner! Here is a really good recipe for Whole Wheat Muffins, from my mother-in-law, but I like to claim it as my own recipe ;-).....

Whole Wheat Muffins
1/2 butter or margarine
1 c brown sugar
1 egg
2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c milk
1/2 c chopped nuts, opt.

Cream butter and sugar, add egg. Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture alternately with milk and vanilla. Spoon into muffin tins. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes.

4 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Katie, I am going to make these tonight! Thankyou!

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Sounds good Katie, have you ever added anything to them like blueberries or raisins? I love fruit muffins so I wondered if you had tried, they sound yummy!

Katie Peterson said...

Sorry girls!!! I forgot to put the measurment for the whole wheat flour....thanks Briene for the heads up!!!

Swirls of Happy said...

Katie, Hi! It is Brittany. Anyway, thank you for posting this yummy recipe...I LOVE Muffins :)