Friday, October 5, 2007

Yummy Brownies!

I have never made Brownies from scratch before, I'm not sure why because I love to bake but I guess it's because my Mom never did and you know how that goes, for some reason if your Mom didn't do it, you don't either. Well I love brownies so I decided to try a recipe from scratch and they turned out DELICIOUS. They are so rich because they have frosting on them too but I love chocolate so I thought it tasted yummy. You can leave the frosting off if that's too much chocolate for your taste.










BEST BROWNIES

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Frosting
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 21-24 minutes. Do not overcook.
To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar and beat with mixer. (The frosting will be really thick so add a drop of milk to it until it's the consistency that you like). Frost brownies while they are still warm and enjoy!

2 comments:

Brad, Briene and Brayden said...

These look so good. I agree with you I love to bake but brownies is not something I do from scratch. I don't think mom ever made brownies from scratch. I am excited to try these.

Katie Peterson said...

I LOVE brownies...thanks for making me crave chocolate! I will have to try these. ;-)