Monday, October 8, 2007

Chicken lime tacos.

I made these the other night for the boys in the family after priesthood session and they were so good. I put everything in the crockpot and once the chicken was cooked I shredded it. Just make sure that there is enough liquid in the crockpot so the meat doesn't dry out. We had it in tacos and I used corn tortillas.
INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
* 1/8 cup red wine vinegar ( I used about 1 1/2TB)
* 1/2 lime, juiced ( I used a whole lime)
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon dried oregeno (I used cilantro instead)
* 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
* 1 tomato, diced
* 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
* 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1/4 cup salsa


DIRECTIONS

1. Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
2. Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.

8 comments:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

That sounds so dang good. I just copied the recipe down and I am going to put it in my crockpot either today or sometime this week. YUMMY!

♥ Natalie said...

Hey, guys! I just decided to check out your cooking blog again - so much fun!! I love your new layout. Very cute. Thanks for this recipe - it sounds so yummy and I'm going to make it today! You guys are awesome and always have yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing.

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Ok I made these for dinner and Mike and I both thought they were SOOO dang good, YUMMY! The flavor was awesome. Defintely something we will make over and over again.

♥ Natalie said...

I just have to tell you that I made these tonight and we LOVED them! So delicious. I liked them so much that I even posted the recipe (with credit back to Brienne, of course) onto my blog. Thanks so much for the recipe - I am sure it will be one of our family favorites!

Brooklyn said...

Oh boy! Sorry I have been out of the loop! Who did all the changes? everything looks WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I promise I will get back to posting some recipies! Nice recipe Briene, sounds great!

Katie Peterson said...

Yummy Briene!! And how nice we can put it in the crock pot....who ever invented the crock pot is a genius...had to have been a woman! ;-)

Swirls of Happy said...

Briene, I made these last night with homemade salsa, and it was DELICIOUS!!!! Thank you for the yummy recipe.

The Johstoneaux Family said...

Hi ladies!
I clicked on your recipe blog website off of Steph's blog and wanted to let you know that I made these the other night and we loved them! Instead of the oregano, I opted for sprinkling on some cumin, which I thought gave it a nice flavor. Thanks for sharing!