Monday, June 23, 2008

Sprinkles Frosting Recipe

This was Stephanie's request. Katie posted this on her blog a long time ago and I just love this recipe. This is the ONLY chocolate frosting recipe I use now. Thanks Katie you seem to always know great recipes.

Sprinkles chocolate frosting:
6 oz. butter
pinch of salt
2 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/4 tea. vanilla extract
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
Beat butter and salt in stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed, gradually add the sugar, until incorporated, stopping the mixer to occasionally scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and chocolate, mix until combined, careful not to over mix and incorporate too much air.

I have never made this one I am a total chocolate fan but I can only assume it is every bit as good as the chocolate. Let me know what you think!

Cream cheese frosting recipe.
8 oz cream cheese4 oz butter
3 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/2 tea. vanilla extract
1/8 tea. salt
Cream the butter, cheese and salt in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar until incorporated, then add the vanilla.

5 comments:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Yay, I love this frosting, maybe not as much as Jason but I do love it. I will definitely make it soon and let you know how it turns out for me.

Katie Peterson said...

You are so sweet...but I totally just stole these recipes off the internet! There is a really good vanilla buttercream frosting recipe too. I love the new look!

Swirls of Happy said...

Yummy!!! Can't wait to try :)

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

We made Cupcakes tonight for FHE, this frosting is the best because it is so smooth and fluffy, YUMMY! I think next time I might add a little more choclate to it, you can never have too much chocolate!

Aim High said...

Hi! You don't know me one bit- I'm a makeup artist in Utah- BUT I love Sprinkles and decided to use this frosting recipe for my coconut cupcakes. Thanks for posting it!