Friday, June 27, 2008

Fruit Salsa

This is so good! I got this recipe from my mom & every time I make it some one always asks for the recipe. Try it, you will LOVE it!

2 apples peeled, chopped (gala, granny smith, braeburn-you want the crispy ones)
2 kiwis peeled, chopped
1 cup strawberries, chopped
1 orange (you only use the juice from the orange & grade 1 tsp of the rind)
Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl.

*When you chop all the fruit, do not use a blender or food processor. I use a fruit/veggie chopper.

When all mixed together in your bowl add:
1 T. apple jelly
2 T. brown sugar

Serve with cinnamon chips. I buy my cinnamon chips at Food City, they also carry them at some bakeries.

2 comments:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

I LOVE fruit salsa, it is so yummy. My recipe calls for Raspberry jam so I will definitely have to try the apple, it sounds good. I also like to eat them with Nilla Waffers, yum!!!

Terolleeq said...

Okay Katie, you are busted! This is a secret family recipe....