Saturday, June 28, 2008

LITTLE THIMBLES SCIUE SCIUE (SHWEE-SHWEE)

This is my friend Chelsea's Recipe and it is so easy and delicious! I added Sauted Shrimp also for a little protein, grilled Chicken would be great too!

Ingredients:

1½ c ditalini pasta (I used Wheat Penne because that is what I had in the pantry, any would do)
¼ c good extra-virgin olive oil
2 t minced garlic (use fresh in a garlic press)
Plum tomatoes, chopped (I used a generous handful because I like tomatoes, use however many you like)
6 oz shredded (not grated) parmesaen cheese (I used a mix of Romano, Parmesean, and Mozzerella)
8 large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1 can of whole black olives
salt to taste

Preparation:

Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook abut 8 minutes, al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes & olives & saute until heated through. Add the cooked pasta. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the cheese and basil and toss to coat.

5 comments:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

That is quite the name Brittany! It looks yummy, I LOVE Italian food so I will have to give it a try and let you know what I think!

Swirls of Happy said...

I know, I thought the same thing when I heard the name! It really is so good and easy! How is sweet little Carter?!

Peterson Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peterson Fam said...

Sorry I deleted my comment since it had my email address on there. Thanks Brittany for the invite and email addresses! Now I can bug you ALL!!! :) -Bethany

Brooklyn said...

Chels made this for me and I was hooked. I have made it myself too. Yummy!