Sunday, November 18, 2007

Delicious and Easy Banana Bread

This Banana Bread has been passed down from my Great Grandma Perkins and it is so easy and soooo yummy!

Ingredients:
6 very Ripe Bananas (the best to use when they are browned)
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Shortening
4 Eggs
2 1/2 Cups Flour (I use Whole Wheat so it is Healthier)
1 Tsp Baking soda
1 Tsp Salt

Directions:
Mash Bananas and add the eggs one at a time while beating together. Add the Shortening and mix till well incorporated. Add the Sugar and then add the soda, salt, and flour while still beating. Once all ingredients are together, mix until very well blended and pour into loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. For an extra special treat, I like to sometimes add Chocolate Chips....YUMMY!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Brooklyn and I LOVE banana bread so we will definitely be trying this. I have never seen a recipe with so many bananas in it, I bet it's way YUMMY. For a sweet treat, it's also good to add chocolate chips to the batter and make it a dessert. (I am always finding ways to add chocolate)!

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

PS do you use all wheat flour or do you do half white and half wheat?

Swirls of Happy said...

That is sooo weird, read the post again...I said it just like that "for a special treat"!!! How funny...we are too alike :) Yes, I use all Wheat, but half would be favulous!

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Ok Britt I feel SO stupid. I didn't read the whole post when I said something about chocolate chips, DUH!!! Seriously, next time I am going to read EVERYTHING before I open my mouth.

Swirls of Happy said...

Your so funny! I just think it is great we think alike!!!!

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

I made this bread tonight Britt, it was YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe.

Swirls of Happy said...

Oh good! Glad you liked it :)