Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Thanks to my good friend Autumn, I have this recipe and I love it. I have been making it for a few years now and it never fails to be one of my favorites!!!

1 1/4 C flour
1/2 C softened margarine/butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 C oats
1/2 C sugar
1 C coconut
1/2 C brown sugar
Chocolate Chips (optional)

Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt into a bowl. Add sugars, margarine, egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in oats and coconut and optional chocolate chips. Shape to form 1 inch balls. Bake at 350' for 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 2 dozen

5 comments:

Brad, Briene and Brayden said...

These are some of my favorite, I am making them tonight. I have been wanting them for the past week. I also love the granola recipe you posted.

Aut said...

I love these cookies too!! I just had 3 of them tonight! I love this blog--we had the lime tacos last week and LOVED them! Thanks!

Katie Peterson said...

You are IN TROUBLE!!! These cookies are SOOOOOO good! I made them with my boys & I ate them all day long, thanks for the yummy recipe...this is a keeper for sure!

Peterson Fam said...

STEPH!!!
I don't know if you'll read this any time soon, but I wanted to say hi. This has been an interesting discovery for me. I found Brooke & Brittany through a relative and saw that you and Briene were linked to them through this blog. They are my cousins. Anyhow, I'm going to get some email addresses so I can send out some invitations to my blog. It doesn't look like you and Briene have a blog, but if you do, send me an invite. I'm going to try to get your email from Brooke or Brittany. I found your phone number a year or two ago and I wanted to call you and see how you were, but I guess I put it off and have since misplaced it. Hopefully I'll hear from you soon! :) -Bethany (married to Adam)

Peterson Fam said...

PS - I love recipes so this is a fun blog to look at and try some new things! Thanks!