Sunday, February 10, 2008

Soft Sugar Cookies

What is a Valentines Day with out heart shaped sugar cookies? Every year I like to make some & give them out to our family. My favorite sugar cookies are thick, soft ones. Here is my best sugar cookie & frosting recipe.

Soft Sugar Cookies
Sift together:
6 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt

Put in beater bowl & blend:
1 c shortening
2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Then add: 2 c sour cream (1 16 oz tub)

Add sifted flour to above mixture & mix until well blended. Roll out on a slightly floured surface to 1/4 in thickness. Place on a greased cookie sheet & cook for 7 min at 350, or until edges are golden brown.

Frosting
1/3 c soft butter
3 c. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp white Karo syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 T cream or milk

Mix together & dye your favorite color.

2 comments:

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

These look so yummy, we LOVE sugar cookies too. I don't think I have used Karo Syrup in my frosting, does it make it harden on the cookie? These sound really good, I will be making them!

Kathy said...

Just wanted to let all you girls know that "we girls" over at Three On Food have nominated your blog for an Excellence Award! Guess y'all will have to pass on the torch now.

Happy Cooking!
Kathy...
http://threeonfood.blogspot.com/