Monday, January 21, 2008

Granola

I love this granola recipe, it is so yummy in yogurt in milk or just by itself!

6 cups oats (rolled or quick)
1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Raisins or other dried fruit (craisins)
1 cup Coconut
1 Cup Chopped Nuts
1/3 Cup Sesame Seed ( I use flax seed instead)

Mix everything except the raisins and dried fruit and coat with the following

1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Honey
2 tsp vanilla

Spread on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Add Raisins and other dried fruit and bake 5 minutes more.

I always half the recipe because it makes a lot. I have also make adjustments based on my preferences. I add more coconut, sunflower seeds and raisins then it calls for but you can make it to your liking!

1 comment:

Katie Peterson said...

Yummy...I love a good granola, ecspecially with coconut. I am putting this on my shopping list...going to make it this week. Thanks!