Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hamburger Biscuit Casserole

This is such a yummy southern comfort dish. As the weather starts cooling down its the perfect dinner.

1 lb Hamburger Meat
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can tomato soup
4 oz cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 can of biscuits (I make my own)

Brown meat and drain. Mix rest of ingredients together (except biscuits) and put in a casserole dish. Put biscuits on top and bake 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (My recipe calls to dip the biscuits in butter but you can definitely omit that for health reasons)

Instead I make my own drop biscuits, here's a recipe i really like

2 cups all purpose flour
1 TBSP sugar
3tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk (can do part sour cream rest milk)
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or criss-crossing 2 knives until mixture looks like fine crumbs. stir in milk until dough leaves side of bowl

Then just drop about 8-12 (depending on what size you want) spoon fulls of biscuit on top of the casserole and bake about 15 minutes or until biscuits are cooked, YUMMY!

1 comment:

Brad, Briene and Brayden said...

Yummy I will have to make it this week and let you know what I think!